Apple cider vinegar is made from fermented apples, and for centuries it has been the go-to product for many household purposes, such as preserving food or as a cleaning agent when mixed with baking soda.
The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid, which gives the vinegar its sour taste and odor.
More importantly, this acetic acid is what makes the vinegar so famous for its many health benefits. It has been known to treat everything from a sore throat to acne scars, and it is still very effective today.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
• Reduces appetite and calorie intake
• Improves gut health
• Burns belly fat
• Lowers cholesterol
• Lowers blood sugar
The Weight Loss Method
When choosing apple cider vinegar for weight loss, you must ensure you purchase one that is unfiltered and organic. It will contain good bacteria and enzymes best described as a murky substance settled at the bottom of the vinegar. This is known as ‘the mother’.
Tolerance for apple cider vinegar varies, but the recommended dose for weight loss is 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar to 1 cup of waterand drinking this twice daily.
Studies show that drinking it before breakfast reduces your intake of calories, as you feel full much more quickly, and it improves digestion. The second time should be thirty minutes before your last meal or thirty minutes before bed. It aids in burning stubborn belly fat, reducing appetite, and removing toxins from your gut. This improves your overall health.
Many success stories claim that consuming a high carb meal after drinking diluted apple cider vinegar can cause you to eat 160 calories less per day. Results normally begin showing after 3 weeks of drinking apple cider vinegar.
If you are known to have a low tolerance for vinegar, adding it to your salads and salad dressings such as ranch and mayonnaise is best.
Possible Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
• Damaged enamel – Due to the acidity of the vinegar, constant contact with your teeth can cause your enamel to be sensitive and vulnerable to cavities. It is always recommended to drink apple cider vinegar through a straw or to brush your teeth at least thirty minutes after contact.
• Severe burning – Never drink apple cider vinegar straight, as it will burn your esophagus and give you a bad stomach ache. Dilute more than is recommended if you feel the mixture is too harsh to drink.
• Affects medications – Diabetics and cancer patients should avoid using apple cider vinegar every day, as it may affect medications and cause them to be less effective.
• Nausea – Apple cider vinegar has been known to cause nausea when taken frequently. It might be a good idea to take very small amounts every other day when just starting out.
• May worsen gastroparesis – The full feeling that apple cider gives is due to the slowing down of digestion, and with type 1 diabetes food absorption is already very slow. It may increase the symptoms of bloating and heartburn in these people.
Apple cider vinegar is healthy and has many proven benefits, but should be taken in small amounts and as recommended to prevent side effects.
People suffering from various health conditions should consult their doctors before drinking diluted apple cider vinegar.
Please note that I am not a health professional. Everything on my blog I researched for self-interest.